• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rubicon Trip this Summer

sdspearo

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Gauging interest in a Rubicon trip this Summer...
I'm thinking at least 3-4 days on the trail in either July or August. Went last year for the first time for Sierra Fest and had an absolute blast. See pics here http://www.naxja.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=278
Plans are totally open at this point, but I plan to spend at least one full day hiking/fishing around Buck Island and other lakes, preferably two days. Post up if you're interested!

I am very interested in going again this year.

Unfortunately I have a very uncertain work schedule this summer and cannot commit to anything. All my vacations plans this summer are "tentative".

I would like to spend a couple days hiking around the lakes too.... much more to explore in there.

Last edited:
ha. i have a stabilizer, besideds, it's not just the DW, it's the road noise, crappy ride, and crappy interior. hard to beat capitan's chairs. plus an automatic trans is nice on longer trips. and last but not least, getting home if i kill my jeep.

ha. i have a stabilizer, besideds, it's not just the DW, it's the road noise, crappy ride, and crappy interior. hard to beat capitan's chairs. plus an automatic trans is nice on longer trips. and last but not least, getting home if i kill my jeep.

You have Sand in your Vagina? Geez....

If sean can do it, why can't you? :p I dont see you killing your jeep there as most of the stuff is easy. Fix your DW and you should be golden.

You have Sand in your Vagina? Geez....

If sean can do it, why can't you? :p I dont see you killing your jeep there as most of the stuff is easy. Fix your DW and you should be golden.
yea, yea...
looking for tires, i think i'm just going to go with 35's and get it over with. we'll see if that helps

Between the ragtop, and no carpet, my jeep is probably one of the least comfortable full-bodied rigs to drive on the road.

Wore a motorcycle helmet riding home from BB in my buddys open YJ once. It was almost Cadillac quiet. Too bad its wicked hot diving up there

Back