• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fan Clutch(Clockwise or Counterclockwise)?

BoScrappa

NAXJA Forum User
For my 96 Cherokee with 4.0, I can look in there and see the fan, so my question is from which position do u determine to the rotation of the fan clutch...standing in front of ur rig, looking down at it?, or is the rotation determined from the inside out? :twak:

All 4.0 L XJ's use a Reverse Rotation water pump, so any XJ fan clutch will rotate correctly when installed. Google Cherokee Fan Clutch, some descriptions note reverse rotation, some don't, but they all are the same.

Last edited:
For my 96 Cherokee with 4.0, I can look in there and see the fan, so my question is from which position do u determine to the rotation of the fan clutch...standing in front of ur rig, looking down at it?, or is the rotation determined from the inside out? :twak:

On the XJ, everything that run on the back of the belt run in reverse or counter-rotation (looking at it from the front of the XJ) including the water pump and the fan clutch.

Back