PDA

View Full Version : Fan Clutch(Clockwise or Counterclockwise)?

BoScrappa
May 9th, 2012, 16:26
For my 96 Cherokee with 4.0, I can look in there and see the fan, so my question is from which position do u determine to the rotation of the fan clutch...standing in front of ur rig, looking down at it?, or is the rotation determined from the inside out? :twak:

BoScrappa
May 10th, 2012, 13:51
umm ok?....thanx guys! :banghead:

Tim_MN
May 10th, 2012, 14:26
All 4.0 L XJ's use a Reverse Rotation water pump, so any XJ fan clutch will rotate correctly when installed. Google Cherokee Fan Clutch, some descriptions note reverse rotation, some don't, but they all are the same.

techno1154
May 10th, 2012, 15:14
For my 96 Cherokee with 4.0, I can look in there and see the fan, so my question is from which position do u determine to the rotation of the fan clutch...standing in front of ur rig, looking down at it?, or is the rotation determined from the inside out? :twak:

On the XJ, everything that run on the back of the belt run in reverse or counter-rotation (looking at it from the front of the XJ) including the water pump and the fan clutch.

BoScrappa
May 11th, 2012, 00:17
Kewl thanx guys, I appreciate it, Just wanted to make sure b4 I bought this new fan clutch that stated "reverse rotation" ;)