• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tera2low install issues

dellstopjeep

NAXJA Forum User
Im installing a tera2low conversion on a 98 cherokee. case is probably out of a mid 90s cherokee. 23 spline 231 with aa sye.
I have done a 2low install before with no issues but this time things arent going so well. I installed the 2low kit and then bench tested by lubricating case and testing dry with case half and output housing bolted on with all internals installed and case is having bindnig issues. It will shift from 2wd to 4wd but not back. then it will go all the way into 4lo but not back into neutral . Then into 2low but not back into 4low. I have taken everything in and out mulptiple times with no success. PUt all stock stuff back in. It worked, then took and placed 2low back in with same issue. I called teraflex incase maybe I had a bad casting and they sent out another one. Identical nothing has changed. Any ideas or anyone have this issue before?

yes, kit came with new pads for it. Is this a part that can really wear out though. It snaps on tight onto new parts but the surface is still there. Just cant see how these could have been problem. Maybe this case just hates me for opening it up.

Back