• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

shock conundrum

ebickford

NAXJA Forum User
Hi all, I've run into a slight issue with my build. In the rear of my jeep I have 3.5" tnt customs leaf packs, stock shackles and I'm in the process of installing a 8.8 with ubolt eliminators. My upper shock mounts weren't salvageable so I'm using bpe's up top that drop my upper mounting point about 2" give or take 1/4". With the ubolt kit the axle shock mounts also get moved up which leads me to my issue... with the bpe's and ubolt kit that leaves me with basically 12-13" between upper and lower mounting points. My bump stops give me about 3-3.5" of uptravel before bottoming out. Does anyone know of any shocks that will work in my application, I've spent a few hours looking and haven't come up with anything. I'd like to avoid having to raise my ride height anymore. Thank you for you time, Elliot.

I can get about 8-8.5" of total travel, 3~ish up and 4.5-5" down, my issue is that at my static normal ride height I only have the 12-13" of space so I need a shock with a very short body as to not bottom out. Right now the smallest I can find are 5100s running at 11" and change and Rancho rs5000 in that ball park. So with a shock with that size body that only leaves 1-2" of up travel and bottoms out before my bump stops can stop it.

move your lower mounts down or your upper mounts up.

moving the lower mounts down will be easier, but moving the upper mounts up will give you more ground clearance.

Back