• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stock Manual to Power Seat Swap?

hoodride

NAXJA Forum User
I've got a '96 Country with manual driver's seat and I just got a set of stock seats from a '98 Limited that had the power driver. I pulled my carpet to clean it and noticed like I thought there is a plug that appears to be for power driver's already in my harness. The plug on the '98 seat is different but looks to have the same gauge wiring so can I remove both plugs and make my own and have a working power seat or is that for something else? Wiring on Jeep is heavier gauge red wire and light yellow in plug I'm referring to right next to the seat belt wire. Thanks for any info.

Your mounting points are, I do believe, going to be different than the 98 rails as that was one of the changes made in 97.

If you have a FSM or at least a good manual for the schematic, then you can PM me and I will look up the 98s wiring for you. There may be colour differences, but we will see about the connections. Just compare and connect.

Seat bases line up with the '96 holes and seat fits around the console so looks like it will work. That is the power seat plug also, just tested it so now just going to make a harness and have a power seat.

A question about the newer seats. I have a 94 and one of my main gripes is that the seats recline like airline seats. Do the newer seats recline farther?

A question about the newer seats. I have a 94 and one of my main gripes is that the seats recline like airline seats. Do the newer seats recline farther?

From what I recall, the seats in my '98 recline most of the way. It's been awhile since I slept in the XJ though so I may be wrong.

Back