• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sye help

werewoulf3

NAXJA Forum User
Ok tranny is done, is there no crush sleev that covers it? And the front drive shaft for the rear, how is it attached, mine from RR didn't come with bolts for it..... And lastly, tranny fluid, all I could find is ATF, is it ok? And just fill it till it starts coming out the hole?

well first you started talking about a tranny, then a crush sleeve, and i dont know what else. None of which have to do with a SYE. What is RR? it's definitely not Reading Rainbow.

i think he is talking about a vendor , RR rocky road, rugged ridge????

why cant you use the bolts you currently have for your existing drive shaft.

as for your auto tranny fluid, use what ever you like, however if you want it to last why not use what the manufacturer recommends??

as for how mush to put in the tranny, check out the dipstick you will see a full mark on it

you know same as you check you engine oil.................dipstick

i would think he's talking about putting tranny fluid in the transfer case. but he wasnt clear.

i think he is talking about a vendor , RR rocky road, rugged ridge????

why cant you use the bolts you currently have for your existing drive shaft.

as for your auto tranny fluid, use what ever you like, however if you want it to last why not use what the manufacturer recommends??

as for how mush to put in the tranny, check out the dipstick you will see a full mark on it

you know same as you check you engine oil.................dipstick

What kind of mush do you put in your tranny?

Yes rugged ridge and I can't use the existing bolts because the factory rear DS didnt come with bolts, just an output shaft, but the RR kit comes with a yoke, which needs bolts..... And the crush sleeve I am talking about was on the old shaft, but the new one with the yoke is pretty bare and makes me worry about mud and debris

he's talking about the stock driveshaft, he's saying the slip yoke on the driveshaft is generally held to the u joint with straps and bolts, which i believe it is actually not. if i remember right, it's pressed together and has c clips. i could be wrong though.

the rugged ridge kit i bought came with one pinion yoke.......that is goin to replace the spline shaft from the old tailshaft, the new one has the yoke that goes on it, which i am using a front driveshaft out of cherokee, so therefore the ujoints at the end of the double cardagan will have to bolt to the tailhousing/pinion yoke of the new sye..........what bolts do i use?

the rugged ridge kit i bought came with one pinion yoke.......that is goin to replace the spline shaft from the old tailshaft, the new one has the yoke that goes on it, which i am using a front driveshaft out of cherokee, so therefore the ujoints at the end of the double cardagan will have to bolt to the tailhousing/pinion yoke of the new sye..........what bolts do i use?
i know, i was explaining what he said, which was incorrect.
you'd use the bolts that hold the front driveshaft to the tcase yoke. if they didnt come with your driveshaft, you'll have to buy some. dont ask what size, you'll have to check for yourself. take one out of the front and bring it to napa or carquest, they might have them.

Back