• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shackle relocation :)

kdub41

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so about two months ago i bought these from HD offroad engineering and saw them in the garage and decided to try and put them on today. I installed them and let me tell you huge difference in ride quality!!! As well as Brian is an awesome guy to deal with. He helped me out bunches. Now i just need to intall my frame stiffners :)

images

i feel the "how much did you gain" question is retarded. (not directed specifically at you ben824) the brackets are all the same, your going to add the same to every jeep they are installed in.

the difference in lift (or loss of) comes in when you factor in the original angle of the shackle, and the resulting after the install. but no one ever measures their angles before and after (just eyeball measurements and pics), or states what they shackle measures eye to eye. a little sine/cosine action and any high school student could tell you about where any vehicle will end up after the install.

i have 3.5 inch springs with 1.5 shackle. My shackle was straight up and down and now its at a 45 :) and it raised it half an inch.

Ok so about two months ago i bought these from HD offroad engineering and saw them in the garage and decided to try and put them on today. I installed them and let me tell you huge difference in ride quality!!! As well as Brian is an awesome guy to deal with. He helped me out bunches. Now i just need to intall my frame stiffners :)

Brian makes Beefy stuff. He is also fun to hang out with after the wheeling is done, makes for a good time.

Back