• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trackbar bracket

98cherokeedriver

NAXJA Forum User
OK, so I just finished up my WJ brake swap and I'm moving on to my next step. My current set, stock steering with TNT trackbar bracket, has some clearance issues. The bracket locates the trackbar too far forward, directly over the tie-rod. I'm only at two inches of lift, and have no plans to go any higher, only larger tires and wider axles, but that's much later. Anyways, I'm looking for a double sheer bracket that will solve this problem and work with my trackbar - Procomp with 3/4" narrow JJ with a 5/8 through hole. I'm thinking the RE bracket will work perfect, but seeing how I'm in the 50th state and everything is mail-order, expensive to ship, and hard to return, I just wanted to make sure, so I'm not getting a fourth bracket down the road :banghead:
IMG_20120428_124454.jpg

If the RE bracket will work, would the brace be compatible with my lift height?

I'm not worried about the drop as much as the fore-aft placement of the frame end of the trackbar, I want it behind the tie-end, so that there is no potential for it to contact on a hard bump. Drop would actually help out my geometry because I'll eventually go to cross-over steering, so my drag-link will be very flat at my lift.

the RE bracket looks like itll do the intended job for you, moving the frame side back a hair. exactly how much, i am not sure.

324.jpg

on a side note, i know for a fact that my RE bracket is 2" inside diameter. i put a ruff stuff heim in mine with the 2" wide misalignment spacer. you might want to check the width of your frame side joint. most JJ or 2.5". youll have to shop around.

Thanks, nowaves, I just wanted some confirmation before I ordered something. I have a narrow JJ, so it's just a 1.6" mounting width. It was the perfect replacement for the heim joint that came with my trackbar and lasted only a few months before developing slop.

Do you have the trackbar brace too? I'd like to install one, but I think it may interfere with the diff and upper control arm mount.

i can understand being in HI being skeptical when ordering parts. if you ever want to rent out a room and let a frother shred some real waves, let me know. ;) (i used to live on the east coast, but im sure its nothing compared to the swell you guys get. im in MI just for school)

i cant comment on the brace. its deffinantly a good idea. but i plan to make my own and save the $75. its a pretty simple piece to make.

I'd love to rent out a room as soon as I have an extra. Saving for a house right now, hopefully in a year or so. They're not cheep here. You're right about the waves here, but every dog has it's day. I've surfed in six states and three coasts and had fun everywhere.

Back