• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Question on welding C's back on

jeepfreak1020

NAXJA Forum User
So now that I got my 44 narrowed, I need to look at welding on my C's and setting my caster. Ive heard most people set there between 5-7, is that correct? and how do I measure this since theres nothing on my housing to go off of? The gears and locker will be going in this week. So if that helps any. But how do I know where to rotate the C's to, to get the right dgree/angle?

And lastly, about welding the C's on. You have to pre-heat them since there cast. i dont have a torch or anything. ive seen alot of people put them on the grill, or even in the oven to pre-heat then just do one C's at a time. Will that work? We will be using 220v Lincoln 180, will that be ok to get the job done? I will deff run multipal passes.

Set the pinion angle, throw a digital level on top on the C and lean it back for your 5-7* of caster. No preheat required for welding inner C's, they're forged not cast. Just burn them on with some big manly beads. I welded my 60 C's back on with my Miller 180, single pass even. Also wedled the very end of the tube to the inside on the C.

Back