• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

spring rates or anti rock? flecks issues.

Vanimal

NAXJA Forum User
so i got a chance to do some decent wheeling with the new build. it did well but i feel that it could be better. i recently went with coilovers and a linked rear end and wristed radius arms in the front. the front has my old pro comp springs for the time being. the rear primary rate is 100lbs triple rate, 16" coilovers with about 5" of lift. no sway bars in the front or rear.
the issue is the front doesnt articulate very well. i know there is no suspension bind, but still no flexy flexy. the rear on the other hand flexes out very well. my guess is the spring rates front to rear are too different (too soft in the rear), but im wondering if a currie anti rock sway bar in the rear may take care of the issue as well, but i dont just want a band aid. anyone with some experience with this sort of setup have any input? Here's a picture of the handling characteristics i'm talking about (thanks to Darky).
IMG_7643.jpg

trying to balance it a bit more, so the front shares some of the work to keep the body more level. the front driver's spring seems to be compressing the rear passenger spring instead of compressing some itself in this picture.

looks to me that the rear is doing all the work. based of you saying the front did well before the change, i would say that the rear is too soft.

looks to me that the rear is doing all the work. based of you saying the front did well before the change, i would say that the rear is too soft.
i should clearify that the front did well with the stock upper control arms and pro comp lower arms, with these springs and shocks. i now have wristed radius arms, however i do not see any bind when i cycle the suspension with the springs removed.

i do feel that the rear springs are probably a tad too soft in relation to the front, so i'm going from 100lb/in to 110 to see how that works. i'm also just going to order the springs for my front coilovers and install those instead of dicking around with the coil springs.

John, i think the rear could benefit from a couple more lb/in, and the front could probably stand to loose a few. im figuring out spring rates for the front right now, i'm going to make it as even as possible, factoring in corner weights.

Back