• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

U-Bolt ????

Thanks Frank...Hoping to start stuffing the 44 under the XJ later today or tomorrow and kind of forgot to check on the U_bolts before hand. Im currently running the RE bolts that came with the lift, and my budget has gotten tight.

When I swapped from a D35 to a D44, my u-bolts didn't work. I think D35 uses 2 5/8" u-bolts whereas the D44 uses 2 3/4". I was able to find something to work temporarily at advance auto and then swapped to Ruffstuff U-bolts.

NO they won't. Mine most definitely did not fit. D44 bolts are close enough to fit a 35, but my OEM 35 bolts DID NOT stretch over the 44 tubes. I ordered RuffStuff's and haven't thought twice about them.

X2^^

the U-bolt plates will fit the D35 and D44 U-bolts, but I had to get new U-bolts for the D44. The D35 bolts were an R.C.H. too small and forcing them onto the axle just boogered up the threads and spread the bolts too much to use.

Ran into a SNAFU routing brakelines for the 8.8.disk brake conversion so I did not get as far as I wanted. Hey Frank if you are still following this thread could you fire me PM with a price on D44 u-bolts. I could probably make the RE bolts work with a little reshaping but I might as well get the correct parts.

Back