• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Axle install questions...

OnorOffroad

NAXJA Forum User
I searched the forums but can't find a specific answer, was hoping those of you with the experience and immediate knowledge will be able to help me.

I recently bought a 95 XJ with stock D30 and 8.25 axles, RE 5.5" lift, and an aftermarket CV DS. I don't know if it has an SYE. I purchased a geared/locked Ford 9" FW rear axle and a matched geared/locked D30 front from another Naxja member to swap. I know I will have to get a new U-joint, and probably U-bolts, but I don't know what else I will need to do to install these axles. Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

p.s - I know the D30 is weak, but I am not ready to get a D44 or something better yet. Eventually, I will find a D44 for the front.

If it has a CV shaft in the rear then it has to have an SYE.

THe front axle will bolt right in.

The rear axle will need u-bolts, u-joint, and maybe a different brake line.

I'm not sure what it takes to make the parking brake work.

You can run a cv driveshaft with a slip yoke, but odds are good that you do have an sye. Look at the t-case end of the drive shaft, if there are boltsholding it on you have an sye.

Back