• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ID help on this Dana 44, please.

Nuke Proof

NAXJA Forum User
This axle came out of a 1977 3/4 ton chevy. Passenger side diff, disc brakes, steering arm bolted onto the driver side knuckle, steering arm casted in onto the passenger. I'm just trying to figure out if it's a desirable axle and what it is worth. I think it is a standard run of the mill axle with a flat top driver's side knuckle. I have a guy who offered me $200 for it and I think it's worth closer to $400.

Thanks

This is the driver's knuckle looking from back to front.
2012-04-24_22-34-40_53.jpg

This is the passenger knuckle looking at it from the front
2012-04-24_22-34-59_152.jpg

Here is the center section
2012-04-24_22-35-43_11.jpg

are those chevy D44s high pinion? i thought they where low pinion diffs. and not totally worthless to jeep guys. IF you have the means of re tubing. just swap the lengths around. wella, you have a drivers side drop.

passenger knuckle is not flat top. you could swap to an atlas and run passenger drop. but if your wheeling hard enough that you need an atlas, a LP44 probably wont cut it.

(is yours complete vanimal? i could probably use some parts off of it that would ship easy. PM me)

Back