• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AW4 on crack

D.I.T.A

NAXJA Forum User
I was up at my friends property wheeled the entire weekend (nothing crazy) and on the 3 hour drive home and i notice the trans going in and out of TC lock up and shifting to 3rd randomly, it did this the whole drive back. Now been driving it for a week now back and forth to work and it seems fine everything works great, i don't get it. is this a fluke or is it a warning of things to come. its a 99XJ with 209 on the clock

Thanks for any input

Get any water on the engine ? Your symptoms are often caused by a faulty Throttle Position Sensor (TPS). The TPS hates water and we begin to act up, as described, within 8-24 hours after getting soaked.

Get any water on the engine ? Your symptoms are often caused by a faulty Throttle Position Sensor (TPS). The TPS hates water and we begin to act up, as described, within 8-24 hours after getting soaked.

Ran codes at work today. Only code that showed up was the same evap system leak (bad gas cap) code thas always been there. Wasn't really wet up at the cabin so it really had me scratching my head:dunno: , Im not a big fan of throwing parts at a problem but a TPS is so cheap and i want to replace it anyway so i'll give it a try.

It fixed it thanks for the input.

Not a fan of bringing threads back from the dead but just for someone having the same problem the TPS fixed the issue of my erattic shifting going on 212k now no worries.

The throttle position sensor is absolutely the FIRST thing that should be suspected in a shifting problem with the AW4 (after verifying transmission fluid level and condition).

Back