• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Exhaust Bandage

Lurch

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone ever used one? How temporary is the fix?

I found a half dollar size hole in my exhaust when I had my skid plate off messing around with my transimission lines last weekend. Slapped a Permatex exhaust bandage on the hole last night and wow, what a difference.

Exhaust doesn't sound like its farting anymore when I step on it and the Flowmaster is actually producing a nice note.

Curious how permanent this fix will be though, I don't want to be doing this every couple of month's although its only $4.99 a pop.

It's hack. ;)
They work well for a short time while you get the correct parts to fix the issue. As whitexj98 said, they will fall off and/or disintegrate. Clamping over it will do nothing more than trap the pieces when it opens up again.

if it is a straight section, you can cut a short piece out and slide a repair section with two female ends on the pipe and clamp it down. These are commonly available at most parts houses for a couple of bucks.

Back