• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Any one used these?

Here's what I did: I took the JCR gutter roof rack mounts and bent them from 45-degrees to 90-degrees. Then I welded something like a 44" long piece of 2"x1/4" steel to connect the two gutter mounts across the roof. My basket is made round tube so I used small u-bolts to connect the basket to the steel bar.

I used 6 of them them to help mount the top halo of my hybrid cage to the roof.

P1020483.jpg

P1020484.jpg

P1020956.jpg

I like the way they grab and hold the gutter. Easy to pull the outer tabs off in order to lift off a rack. How much they hold is pretty dependent on what they are built to. I just used them as a way to secure the halo while I was building the rest of the cage, but I figured an extra 6 attachment points wouldn't hurt.

The only issue I have is that they grab the top edge of the back doors a little bit. Probably could be fixed if I had them angled a little bit more. I did buzz a very little bit of material off the bottom and that made clearance better.

Thanks guys. I just needed to get an idea of how big they were and how much they could handle.

With good bracing, they should hold plenty of weight for a roof rack. I was shaking the Jeep back and forth really easily by pushing on the roof rack.

Back