PDA

View Full Version : Water draining????

kdub41
April 23rd, 2012, 23:39
Ok so i have searched and searched and came up with nothing that sounds like my problems.

I have a 1996 cherokee 4.0L classic 4x4 np231 with a/c.

So its about 50 degrees and misty here today and i was driving and parked and when i came back out to my jeep i saw a big wet spot under the passenger side. Scared at first thought it was oil but turned out to be water so i just thought that i went through a puddle and it was draining. Well i drove back home and saw this wet spot again so i looked into the engine bay and saw this rubber drain hose that is below the heater core and comes from inside the firewall. I believe this is the condensation drain but i don't get why its draining if i am not running my a/c? My interior is not wet but i just don't get why its draining, I mean i had the heater on but i don't think that would have anything to do with the condensation drain. Please help me.

98NWCherokee
April 24th, 2012, 03:36
Did you run the defroster for a long period of time? The defroster uses the AC compressor to dehumidify the air. Sometimes during long AC operation you can get a freeze up condition in the evaporator. After you shut the Jeep down the frozen moisture can melt and cause random periods of leakage out the drain line.

kdub41
April 25th, 2012, 15:12
thank you i didnt know that happends when the defroster was on lol i just thought it did that for the A/C