• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Water draining????

kdub41

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so i have searched and searched and came up with nothing that sounds like my problems.

I have a 1996 cherokee 4.0L classic 4x4 np231 with a/c.

So its about 50 degrees and misty here today and i was driving and parked and when i came back out to my jeep i saw a big wet spot under the passenger side. Scared at first thought it was oil but turned out to be water so i just thought that i went through a puddle and it was draining. Well i drove back home and saw this wet spot again so i looked into the engine bay and saw this rubber drain hose that is below the heater core and comes from inside the firewall. I believe this is the condensation drain but i don't get why its draining if i am not running my a/c? My interior is not wet but i just don't get why its draining, I mean i had the heater on but i don't think that would have anything to do with the condensation drain. Please help me.

Did you run the defroster for a long period of time? The defroster uses the AC compressor to dehumidify the air. Sometimes during long AC operation you can get a freeze up condition in the evaporator. After you shut the Jeep down the frozen moisture can melt and cause random periods of leakage out the drain line.

thank you i didnt know that happends when the defroster was on lol i just thought it did that for the A/C

Back