• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

12.50 with stock backspacing

VAhasnoWAVES

NAXJA Forum User
just wondering if this stuff will fit without wheel spacers.

got a chance to pick up some decent used 305/70R16 MTRs for my moabs rims, which are 5" backspacing (i beleive, google might have lied to me). tire calculator says it should measure 32.8x12, specs from goodyear say 33.1x12.2 new. i understand the front will rub in certain areas. my concern is leaf spring clearance, especially when aired down.

input?

like i said:
- 305/70R16
- TJ moabs: 8" wide, 5" backspacing
- HP30/8.25
- not worried about the front

I run my 33 x 12.5 all terrains like that and yes you can do it, problems i had were that the rear tires rubbed on the leafs. If the leafs are not perfectly straight they were making contact with the tire, I do have a wacky bastard pack set up, so I had to put in a 1/4" wheel spacer. In the front its ok but you cant turn to full lock.

Also on 15x7 steel stock rims, the contact patch of the tread is not that good, even aired down below 25 for the street. I deal with it, but i wouldn't do it if i wasn't poor.

Last edited:
i would think it would rub like hell in the front. i have 15x8 with 3.25 backspacing and it rubs on the lower control arms and all in the wheel well.

extended bumps in the front and itd be manageable. though itd probably rub all over the sway bar in the position i have it when disconnected. my tires right now already rub, i just back off the wheel a little. only seems to rub when disconnected, doesnt rub at full lock on flat ground.

i currently have the old style 245/75R16 MTRs that came on the rubis. i did some measuring (couldnt find dimensions of the old style MTRs, so i used the new 245/75s) and i dont think itd clear the rear springs without spacers either.

Back