• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TSF Clean Up

TooBig

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA was well represented:clap:
IMG_1032.jpg

IMG_1002.jpg

IMG_1049.jpg

IMG_1062.jpg

Big thanks to Nick (redjeep2.0), Ray (TooBig), and Melissa for making it out this year.

I got to the gravel barn at 0830, and signed in. We had a pretty good turn out this year overall. Several clubs were represented, as well as user groups. We were able to split into three groups led by ODF staff members.

Stephanie Beall of ODF was heading to clean up the big rock quarry. She said she could use another truck so we headed with her. We had a lot of ground to cover.
IMG_0048.jpg

Nick offended 80% of the volunteers during the day, but he did pick up a lot of stuff. "You know what this is for? Performing abortions!" :laugh:
IMG_0049.jpg

We managed to fill three truck beds full of SOLV bags. Quarry looked pretty good when we left.
IMG_0051.jpg

Fortunately Nick brought his truck out, and we put it to good use.
IMG_0052.jpg

After unloading the garbage, we decided to see if we could assess Saddle Up. The road was plowed all the way to Seven Cedars Road, but at that point there was still a few feet on the road. I was able to crawl on top pretty easy, but Nick's truck sunk like a rock. We played around a bit, had a tug-o-war, got stuck, and headed back. I'm sure if we were in a group aired down we could have gotten to the trail no problem.

On the way out we decided to stop at Coleman's for lunch. I ordered the Tillamook Burn Burger, and it lived up to it's name. It was the most miserable burger I've ever eaten, but at the same time it was delicious. The milk shake afterwards hit the spot too. I think we'll be stopping by for a bite to eat more often on our TSF trips.
IMG_0055.jpg

Thanks again to those who made it out. :thumbup:

Back