• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

where to get my ac refilled in oc at a good price ?

I have the hose kit with gauges for R134 if you want to borrow them.

just be glad it is not a renix with R12.
i have the vacuum pump and lines/gauges for 134a, but my R12 stuff needs new hoses. but yes, too far of a drive for me to help. if you have time maybe someone on here that is closer to you has all the equipment to do it for you. a complete flush, new orifice tube, accumulator, all new oil (new stuff is much improved), and a fresh charge is highly recommended when a new compressor is installed. to do it right a shop will charge you big time. and to cut corners just kills the system faster again. go get a qoute for a complete system and you will find out that a drive down south may not be so impractical. lol.

I have the air driven vaccum pump. Worked fine on the 4 cars I have used it on. Loud as a garbage truck driving thru a nitroglycerine plant but it works. I have no gauges though.:bunny:

any pump will work as long as you can get close to 30" units of mercury. at least 28". what that does is boil the moisture from the system. water boils at a much lower temp when under vacuum. the better the pump, the less time you need to run it to dry the system out. if unsure, just leave the pump going for an hour. i normally let mine (5cfm mastercool pump) run for at least 30-45 minutes.

Back