• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

So for those driving up Sat morning...

RWKHausSupply

NAXJA Forum User
What time is everything getting together to drive out to the trails?

Where are you meeting up at before?

I would plan on being in the area by 8am, normally we are leaving for the trails at 9. We used to always meet at the bunkhouse, but we didn't get it this time??? Meeting location needs to be determined for those that dont want to pay an entrance fee to come into the campground for the morning meeting.

Thank you John... But that umm, didnt answer anything lol...

I planned on being there (where ever 'there' is determined to be) at 8am. but I will need to park the truck and unload the jeep somewhere and know where to be at what time..

Management should really address this issue. Maybe a call to calico to see if they will allow free parking to daytrippers.

I will be driving up the 605 to the 210 to the 15.

Right now, my rough time to leave is 6:30.

I will be leaving Lakewood, then meeting up with a ZJ in Whittier.

E

I can see that this years socal fest is not even close to the past many years I have been to. Very little interest, support, planning, etc.

I was made aware of the Tin Benders jambo going on, the same weekend in JV and how all the cool kids from here are going there instead even. Makes sence.

I still plan on Calico, just cause this is the first time my KOH XJ is hitting the dirt after loosing the motor during the race, so need to take it easy and feel her out...

You know... the cool ones. I dont want to lay out blast on em, because its Not about them...

But its funny how NAXJA pisses on ME and RWK Haus Supply. Yet me and my family (even without a jeep 2 of the last 5 yrs) has been there for NAXJA and SoCal fest, and cooked 2 of the 5 years, offered up my RV for sleeping to members while in BB, donated hundreds of dollars to Just the event directly (not to mention 1500-2000$ in product to national), and handed out free shirts, stickers, etc. Yet others that are so high on the NAXJA pedestal are even skipping the only real Naxja event this year.

Sign on the times, and changing of the guard?

I made a call to the ghost town right now. They can accomodate trailers and unloading in their overflow parking area, which would be an ideal meeting location in the morning. It is the first main lot you see directly in front of you when you pull in.

The problem is, you would have to pay the entrance fees to the park...$6 per adult and $?? per kid (dont remember now). You could leave the family outside the gates while you unload the trailer and then you would basically be paying $6 for a parking spot.

They seemed pretty inflexable on this. :(

I'm not positive, but the toll booth is unmanned for the night....might be able to sneak in early.

yeah it is unmaned but the rover drives around periodically all night and will get his $ lol.

I will gladely pay 6$ and my co-dawg will just have to also :)

Thanks John.

Back