• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My Heep's new treads

Johnnie Walker

Piece of Fish!
NAXJA Member
pic.php

pic.php

pic.php

You will love thoes. I REALLY miss my Kevlars. Had them on the last XJ. I now have the old school bfg muds on my WJ and they SUCK. Found them for a great price on craigslist and that's all I could afford. They chunk going over speed bumps. They are a total joke offroad. As soon as my BFG's are worn out I will be getting some 305/70/17 goodyear Kevlars.

I guess my OP edit did not work. =/

You will love thoes. I REALLY miss my Kevlars. Had them on the last XJ. I now have the old school bfg muds on my WJ and they SUCK. Found them for a great price on craigslist and that's all I could afford. They chunk going over speed bumps. They are a total joke offroad. As soon as my BFG's are worn out I will be getting some 305/70/17 goodyear Kevlars.
I got these for an AMAZING deal through PolyPerformance, they are local, and are awesome. The guy I deal with is the fiance of my gf's co-worker.
Yeah, BFG's suck, with the exception of the BAJA T/As and I would own a set if they did not cost so damn much.
Couple years ago when the 235/75 Dueler A/T's I had were wearing out (one was losing air and one other was practically bald. I found a free set of 235/75 BFG AT KO's. I have been way over them for a long time, but free/more tread + cheap M+B not too many complaints. But awful. Picked up the 31" Dueler A/T 693s + 2 piece alum wheels on craigslist sometime last year and replaced them.
The REVO/693 have been the best tires I have ever had on a vehicle so far, but wanted to try something new. Always hear great things about the MTR-k's have been in other's vehicles with them and been impressed. The deal was TOO good to pass up + the current GY 80$ rebate AND the treadlightly.org rebate on a set of GY's makes them even cheaper! Which is why I did it now.
Aside from the fact that I got 4 out of the last 5 they had in stock. Was going to buy the 5th but didn't have enough and I don't have a 5th matching rim yet.

Definitely glad they are not any wider than 10.50 as the sidewall would meet the leaf springs and u-bolts with the stock BS wheels.
nice. they look good on there too. what size tire and wheel combo is that?

31's? looks good!
To answer both since they are basically the same question.
Yes, 31x10.50s on ZJ Canyom Wheels. I got the wheels a while back for a deal as well

When you say good deal and you took four out of five, any chance that 5th tire could be had at an amazing deal? I'm looking for a spare and planning on upgrading to these tires when my cheap-o chinese M/T's give up the ghost. Might as well get the right spare early.

Go to the PolyPerformance site, and go to the OPEN BOX items. and see if it is still listed. Dunno where you are located but shipping might make it not so much an amazing deal. I know that DTdirect has them for about 190 with free ship.

Ahh, they're in SLO. A little ways for me. Still, killer deal!
Yes, I would offer to deliver for a small fee, but dunno when I'll be down south besides socal fest and doubt I would have room for it.
I guess if you wanted to purchase it I could pick it up and hold it for you.

Yes, I would offer to deliver for a small fee, but dunno when I'll be down south besides socal fest and doubt I would have room for it.
I guess if you wanted to purchase it I could pick it up and hold it for you.

Well, I really appreciate the offer, but I'm not sure when I'll be up in that direction and I won't be able to make it to Socal Fest. I live in Long Beach, so I'm a reasonable way south. Thanks though! Tires look great on your rig BTW! I'm jealous.

Its a good feeling isn't it?
I ran hand-me-downs until I got my KM2's last spring, the grip of a new tire is soo much nicer than old hard bald ones

It's good for everything except my bank account.

Try em on the dunes yet?
Hopefully today.
I did drive into my backyard, which is mostly weeds/soft sand, and didn't get stuck or spin tires.

Back