• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cooper Discoverer STT??

MoabXJeeper

NAXJA Member #1398
I'm looking for some 35's to replace my worn out Pro Comp Xtremes. I've been hoping they would get a shipment of KM2's but they've been on backorder basically since I found the tirecrawler website. The Coopers are the same price and always in stock.

So I've been eyeing these tires on tirecrawler.com for a while but I really don't know too much about them. Anyone have any info/experience with them? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Both of my friends run them on their rubicons....they really seem to like them. I like them tread pattern and would honestly be my choice of tire after my BFG's go bald.....I say go for it!

I ran 33x12.5s for a few years and loved the tires. They did very well on every terrain I tried; mud, rocks, sand, snow and ice, and on road.

Once I wore down the siping on the center lugs, they weren't all that great in the snow, but that's to be expected.

The only reason I didn't buy STTs again was I was looking to downsize my tires due to DD wear and tear, and they don't make a 33x10.5.

I believe they are made in the USA, just like the BFG's so that is a plus.:patriot:

I use STTs on my Power Wagon and used them on my Jeep ---- my favorite tire.

Remember that Cooper makes the tires for Cepek, ProComp, Micky Thompson, and more. Might as well buy the ones with the manufacturer's name on them...

I run them in 35x12.50 on my rig. This is my second set of STT's, LOVE them. I wont be buying anything else.

IMG_20120326_194058.jpg

I have 315/75/16's on mine and I love them they are like a sponge one a rock,drive great,not to noisey and they wear great.

Thanks for all the feedback! I was kinda hoping someone would give some negative comments so I wouldn't be as tempted :D

I'll be posting pics up if I decide to go with them

31x1050s on {RIP} The Thumperjeep (93 XJ sport 4.0 HO 4inch OME suspention and ARMOR all over the underside). Was the last set I put on Thumper and was six months into them when Thump was stolen and totaled. Stellar tires, my favorite tire, and I also have them on my 2003 F 250 superduty diesel. (Crew cab. 4x4) have 48,000 miles on them currently, and theyre going to be ripe for replacement in about another 3k or so... TOUGH tires. Ive great like for them. Oh, performance off road is stellar as well. Ive had them (On Thumper) in the dirt, mud, rocks, sand, gravel, wet sand, mud, pine needles, and did I mention mud? On the truck, mostly road, some ungroomed dirt roads, wet and dry, and recently, snow. They handle it all with high marks, in my experience with them.

My dad runs them on his Land Rovers, both sets have worn very evenly and he has got lots of miles out of them. They do great off road as well. They will be my next tire.

How many more positive comments do you need? haha

I am running 33x12.5x15 and love them, they are pretty good in everything that I have thrown at them.

New 33- 285's on my 99 @ 4.5 inch. Run well on the street, just barely louder than my worn BFG AT's. Will certainly self-clean better. Cannot say about winter yet. Had them siped. Cheaper than anything else.
Had one that showed cracking around the bead; returned for an exchange without issue (Tirerama).
At this point I recommend.

I tried... Discount cant get them for some reason?? But they did offer me a the KM2's for $200 each and a good deal with wheels mounted in those.. Quite a bit more, but I hear the KM2's are very nice.

Back