• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Injector questions and concerns

Paintballpsyco2369

NAXJA Forum User
Well, the time has come to try and figure this stuff out. Regardless of what some may say, I am building the Renix 4.0 in my 88 XJ and am having a couple small issues figuring out what to do about the injectors.

I am building it with the 99+ intake manifold, and exhaust headers, and it is lifted, doing some cooling upgrades, CAI, axles swaps so on and so forth. Everything else up to this has been accounted for to the best of my current ability in regards to the intake modifications.

Basically I am looking for bolt in injectors that can utilize the parts I have now, an exception being possible upgraded injectors. I have all the parts from my 88 XJ, a fuel rail and a set of injectors from a 94 ZJ 4.0. I know the 88 FPR won't fit the 94 fuel rail, and while the injectors will fit, I don't know enough about all the pressure ratings and lb ratings and such to know for certain their compatibility. So, can I just use the 94 injectors and FPR with my fuel pump, should I use the 94 rail and FPR with my 88 injectors, or is there an injector I could upgrade to that will be compatible with those parts?

As a side note, I have a chance to get a set of injectors from a prowler engine, though I know already that it would require me to change the injector plugs... Any idea if they may work? And I do also have a set of injectors from the 01 XJ that the donor intake manifold came from though I know I would need new plugs on my wiring harness at the least to use those, and a different FPR...

Thanks for the help, it is greatly appreciated.

Paint

P. S. I forgot to add that it is a manual trans so I don't have to deal with ANY of the auto garbage issues...

Thought I had replied to this, guess not lol. I did figure out what I needed for these mods. Mainly from that writeup and a REALLY nice diagram I found somewhere with side by side comparisons of injectors (will post if I can ever find it again) when it was posted somewhere else. I am going with the 0280155703 Neon injectors since I will be using the stock FPR. I have since however decided to hold off on the injectors for a little longer. Mainly just to get the Jeep on the road again sooner, and then upgrade the injectors, throttle body spacer, and straight bore the throttle body all at the same time. I think this will mesh quite nicely with the the other upgrades that are going into this rig... Thanks again for your reply.

Paint

Back