• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1995 - SYE Installation

95XJ_Cbiscuit70

NAXJA Forum User
Hello everyone,
Received my AA SYE eliminator kit this week, got the truck up on stands and pulled the transfer case. It was about as bad as I had read. It might have been easier if I removed the exhaust but didn't think I needed to. Ended up cutting down and extra 9/16 box end wrench to act as stubby. The top two studs had corrosion on them. I soaked them all with PB yet the top stud came out with the nut which I don't think was supposed to happen. I have it soaking in PB and will attempt to get it to break loose.

Question I have is when I seperated the TC from the transmission adaptor, about 3 ounces of ATF leaked out. The seal for the TC input shaft that is located in the transmission adaptor looked ok yet there was no RTV sealing the TC to the adaptor. I was having a leak from here.

Should I replace the seal? or just seal the mating surfaces with RTV when I reinstall the transfer case?

Should there have been ATF in that area?
Thanks in advance.

There is no sealer between the t-case and the trans. If you had a leak before, then I'd replace the trans output shaft seal while you have the t-case off. A trick I did with mine is to refill the t-case with a different color ATF, so later if there was a leak I could tell what was leaking. I think I used B&M trans fluid which was blue.

Back