• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

recovery points

4xfishfinder

NAXJA Forum User
Ok! Anyone else not have recovery points on the front of their xj? If you have a solution for this let me know what and how. Besides a new bumper that is. Thanks . 1994xj 4.0L AW4 NP231 OME 2 inch with 2inch add leaf 3inch springs ft. 31x10.50

yeah... they hang kinda low and will snag on things if you are rock crawling or driving up ledges but they get the job done. Aside from that, well, a new bumper is about it.

I guess you could get the bracket set, then punch holes in your stock bumper and put the hooks higher up behind the bumper instead of below it.

Also, several companies offer a 2" receiver for the front of the XJ. That is what I have.

Although it does start getting up into the price range of some of the more basic bumpers, the Detours Backbone system lets you keep your "stock" front bumper and gives you reliable recovery points and a winch mount: http://detoursusa.com/xjbackbone.php

I haven't seen their XJ/MJ version in person, but I have seen their KJ system and it looked like they had a very good product.

Tow hooks and skid plates were optional and most Cherokees do not have them. Find some factory parts in the junkyard or on the Internet and install them.

Send me a PM, I have a couple sets of original Cherokee tow hook brackets and hooks out in the shed. They will bolt on any Cherokee.

Back