• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Offset TREs

geeOHdee

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone have any experience or information on them?

I ran an Advanced Search for "Offset TRE" and got tons of stuff for offset balljoints. :/

I am picking up a JCR OTK kit and thought it may be a good to look into these to maybe help do away with common clearance issues.

I found that Ruff Stuff sells them, however I am not sure if they are compatible with the JCR kit. I can alway call JCR and check that, tho.

Anyone know if they are available thru any other suppliers? Are the Ruff Stuff TREs high quality?

Any other thoughts?

Thanks!

cherokeeforum not good enough eh? ruffstuff sells moog TREs to the best of my knowledge. all 1 ton chevy TREs have the same thread, so yes, they will work with the JCR kit.

cherokeeforum not good enough eh? ruffstuff sells moog TREs to the best of my knowledge. all 1 ton chevy TREs have the same thread, so yes, they will work with the JCR kit.

Haha, it'll get posted there as well.:laugh:

Thanks for the info! Little suprised, honestly! Lol

Y4H2c.jpg

Stock 15" wheels, one ton steering. No issues. Idk how much difference there is otk.

Nah, If you got 33" wheels. You got plenty of room.
If you had, say, 15" wheels, you'd probably have issues... Depends on backspacing.

:laugh: My bad. Yes, I have 15" rims, 3.75" backspace. I understand whatyour pointing out. The offset TREs will probably rub my rim, however as XJLI shows the 'regular' 1 ton TREs will clear stock rims.

Y4H2c.jpg

Stock 15" wheels, one ton steering. No issues. Idk how much difference there is otk.

Shouldnt be much different with OTK, but with a TRE that is offset 3/4 of an inch there will be a higher chance of contact.

most guys who run offset TRE's have trouble with 15" wheels clearing them. You could do some wheel spacers that seems to help. Look into the WJ swap. There is a lot of info out there on what wheels/spacer combo will clear. That info should be relevant to you.

most guys who run offset TRE's have trouble with 15" wheels clearing them. You could do some wheel spacers that seems to help. Look into the WJ swap. There is a lot of info out there on what wheels/spacer combo will clear. That info should be relevant to you.

Unfortunately I'm completely against spacers. I may go with better backspaced rims since I'm only at 3.75. Dont know how much that 1/4" will help, though.

No problems here- running. WJ TREs OTK on WJ knucks. With a 15" steel wheel, 3.75 BS

Are the WJ knuckles better for tie rod end clearance? And the WJ TREs offset?

Still have a stock cover. :/

This will get addresses as I will eventually find something to kiss the cover with. Just have not decided how to go about that.

Redo what? The steering? Just cuz it meets the stock cover?

If that happens I will just get an aftermarket cover. Not to worried.

Its also getting warm here in WI, and I will start to ride the mtorcycle to save on gas money. So down time for the XJ isnt that big of a problem.

Aftermarket covers take up more room than the stocker. If it barely clears now, it probably wont clear with an aftermarket cover.

Back