• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Airflow snorkel write up

Gojeep

NAXJA Forum User
I have just finished doing a write up on Airflow snorkel install that some maybe interested in now that they will be soon sold in the USA by DPG offroad.

Kensnorkel.jpg

Go to my how to section for all the details.

How idiot friendly is the install? Basically, can someone who knows little be able to do it....
Ps, very nice lookin!

Easy as the first jump :D

Installs on the snorkels are pretty easy, just measure 4x and cut once or you are going to have an extra hole in your fender :D

Snorkel guys :) how does it feel like on the road? Any change in fuel economy?? I don't really need it in my area (a wee bit dry) but I'm considering it for the forced air and cold air benefits...
Kejtar

Kejtar said:
Snorkel guys :) how does it feel like on the road? Any change in fuel economy?? I don't really need it in my area (a wee bit dry) but I'm considering it for the forced air and cold air benefits...
Kejtar

I averaged another 2mpg all around.

I love the thing.

Thanks for the comments guys.

As for the availability, Dirk has one now that they sent over for him to test but the XJ has ABS and he feels it wont clear the pump. I spoke with them here and they said they were made to clear the pump as for some reason our RHD's still have them sitting in the same spot as yours even though the master is on the opposite side. I will take some photos of exactly where our ABS pumps sit so he can decide if he will try it on that XJ. He just got pricing news this week but has to find out if it is in AUD or USD!

As for installing them, I have been involved with a couple now and it is easier than I thought. I was never going to do my own but now I would not think twice about it.

RRed Kirill, that has to be the neatest home made snorkel on a XJ I have ever seen:) Did you run it into the cowl and then through the firewall? I was thinking the same at one stage but we have the air intake for the cabin there on our RHD's
Have you any more info on how you ran that and pictures?

Back