• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

97+ interior in 95?

Bolt in, no. With enough time and money, you can make it function. You would have to remove all the OBD-I wire harnesses and OBD-I engine controls and install OBD-II.

The center console will work though.

I'm not at home to look, but isn't the brake lever in a different place in the 97-up?

Yes, but with a little reworking its fits fine. IIRC just add a little tab/bolt on the newer ebrake handle to make it bolt it. The rear mount fits, just gotta add the tab for the front mount of the handle. Swapping in the newer console was the first thing I did to my DD 95 when I got it. I couldn't live with no cupholders and a manual.

I'm not at home to look, but isn't the brake lever in a different place in the 97-up?

Yes, but with a little reworking its fits fine. IIRC just add a little tab/bolt on the newer ebrake handle to make it bolt it. The rear mount fits, just gotta add the tab for the front mount of the handle. Swapping in the newer console was the first thing I did to my DD 95 when I got it. I couldn't live with no cupholders and a manual.
You can use the 96- handle, just have to either bend it enough to fit/still function, trim the center console, or swap the newer handle.

True, hadn't thought of that. :) I put a 97+ console in my MJ, which don't have an e-brake lever, so I didn't have to worry about that. But evidently, it can also be done in an XJ.

Back