• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

pre-cat bolts

Jeepguy03

NAXJA Forum User
I'm replacing the two pre-cats on my 2000 Cherokee 4.0L. Does anyone have the part number for the bolts that attach the pre-cats to the exhaust manifold? There are four of them.

The only bolts listed on the autoparts sites are these:

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/pa...e9i2Z9l3tf?itemIdentifier=981129_324922_4222_

They look like they would be too short though.

I'm thinking I need the longer bolts included with this manifold kit:

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/pa..._/N-je9i2Z9l3aa?itemIdentifier=536725_0_4222_

Thanks! :worship:

The bolt is 6505 754AA but I can't find a part number for the nuts (are there any on it? I'm not too familiar with the late model exhaust setup.)

The bolt is 6505 754AA but I can't find a part number for the nuts (are there any on it? I'm not too familiar with the late model exhaust setup.)

To be honest I don't remember, I only looked at them briefly. Being a Jeep owner in New England, I have learned to just assume rusty hardware will break. :roll:

Thanks for the bolt numbers though! Nuts shouldn't be a big deal if I end up needing them, since there is a Sears Hardware not far away. :cheers:

They are just bolts, whatever fits will work.

I can't find a part number for the nuts (are there any on it? I'm not too familiar with the late model exhaust setup.)

IIRC, they are captured nuts that clip over the manifold. Two of the flange surfaces are thicker than the other two, so you need two different sized clips with the same size nuts.

IIRC, they are captured nuts that clip over the manifold. Two of the flange surfaces are thicker than the other two, so you need two different sized clips with the same size nuts.

That is super stupid (thanks chrysler) but at least it isn't a pressed in stud like the earlier manifolds.

Back