• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what's the center bore/hub diameter on an XJ,TJ,ZJ?

bhicks

NAXJA Forum User
I'm in the process of putting some Jeep rims on my Suzuki SX4. They both have a 5 x 4.5 bolt pattern but Suzuki rims are hub centric and Jeep rims are lug centric. The center bore of the suzuki is 61mm and the Jeep is larger, but I'm not sure the exact size. I need to get some center hub rings to fill in the gap so the rims will be dead center and not have any vibes. I have looked on line for a while and have gotten a few different numbers. My guess is one of them is correct, but I'm not sure which one. BTW, these are the answers I have gotten so far: 70.5mm, 71.5mm, 72mm, and 73mm. Obviously they all can't be correct. I had multiple people tell me 71.5mm so I most inclined to think that is the correct answer, but still not sure.

Last edited:
because the rims wern't designed for a hub centric vehicle, I wouldn't necessarily expect all of the different rims to be the same. You'll probably want to measure what you've got to be sure.

because the rims wern't designed for a hub centric vehicle, I wouldn't necessarily expect all of the different rims to be the same. You'll probably want to measure what you've got to be sure.

What I have is a borrowed mock up rim. I havn't actually found the Jeep rims I will be using yet. Every factory Jeep rim I have ever seen has always been hub AND lug centric. They always fit tight on the hub and then have the acorn lug centric lug nuts for the added strenght, so I'm assuming all TJ, ZJ, YJ, and XJ rims have the exact same hub bore diameter. I guess I just need to get some dial calipers and measure myself.

I have a few different xj wheels, I'll take some measurements for you. Only have a tape measure tho.

Just measured the rim. The diameter is 2.815" which is right at 71.5mm. So the answers and now measurements add up. I just need to find the rings now.

Back