• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Transmission blues

ati2ude

NAXJA Forum User
hi guys i have been gone for awhile but I made it back lol. I was working on the jeep last weekend after it has been basically sitting for the last 2 years and i pulled the transmission to replace a seal. When I opened up the pan i noticed a end piece of one of the snap rings. Its the 32RH auto trans. I ordered a complete rebuild kit for it but have never done one before. anyone know of a good write up or anything that can kinda give me a advantage on it?? any advice would be appreciated
Thanks

hi guys i have been gone for awhile but I made it back lol. I was working on the jeep last weekend after it has been basically sitting for the last 2 years and i pulled the transmission to replace a seal. When I opened up the pan i noticed a end piece of one of the snap rings. Its the 32RH auto trans. I ordered a complete rebuild kit for it but have never done one before. anyone know of a good write up or anything that can kinda give me a advantage on it?? any advice would be appreciated
Thanks

ohhhh shizzz. you let that thing sit for 2 years, dang... no wonder i havent seen you around. i look forward to hiting th trails with you agin. i belive my buddy has an alldata acct if you cant find what your looking for.

glad to see you back chris
john.

Thanks John,
Looking forward to getting to some trails again. Yup that things probably been driven 20 times in the last 2 years. I have an alldata account also. It just doesnt give you much on that tranny.
Hows everything going with you??
Hope all is well

all is well. i have a different position at work, running 1/3rd of the plant. jeep is in hoover mode ( http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1081015 ) and i moved the shop over to independence. i trippled my S.F. other than that were just waching joshua grow. hes quite the wheeler now :D.

getting ready for work now. if your still in salem we should hookup sometime. i lost your phone# shortly after the last time i saw you. (NEWB Fest 10' i think)

talk to ya later man. gl on the trany deilio.

john.

On a side note, the transmission issue has evolved into so much more. While I have the tranny out and rebuilding it I bought new shocks, New sway bar bushings front and back, replaced all my U-joints, Bought a new header, and changed the rear main seal and oil pan seal. What else can i add to that lol.....
Just Empty Every Pocket right!!!

Well after 3u weeks with the jeep down and learning how to rebuild a trans offline i got it all back together. First startup scared the crap outta me. Wouldnt move pulled pan again and noticed shift plunger not locked in. Fixed that and replaced another 80hour bucks in trans fluid and everything works great. So now it has the new hear and shocks a rebuilt trans and all new bushings. Its sounding good and shifting smooth love jeeps.....

Back