• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what size tubing for tube fenders??

jeepfreak1020

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so after last weekend my bushwackers had finaly let go and got toren off. Cant put them back on anymore as they totaly broke. So onto bigger and better things. Need to cover up them holes some how, so time for tube fenders :D Im trying to decide what size DOM I should use. and if I should use DOM or HREW. which should i use guys?? ANd should I use 1.25" .120 wall or 1.75 .120 wall?? Help me out guys??

HREW 1.5 by .120 wall if you want them to be beefy 13 ga if you dont think you will ever hit them. I am doing .120 Hrew on mine.

DOM would be throwing money away.... I would think 1.75 would look way too big, so if thats your only 2 choices, due to the dies that youve got, i would go with the 1.25" HREW, .120 is fine, albeit on the thick side.

i used 1.5 cold rolled .. but this was the first one i tried and im goin a lil differant then what ive seen
2012-03-21173320.jpg

I wouldn't be at all ashamed to do it using sch. 40 pipe. The pipe will bend and flex a little bit more, but it's not like it'll be the weak point.

Back