• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Good Parts Website

Turncoat_Reno

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, just a quick question here.

Got my 89 xj last summer, it's been good to me so far, but I've been collecting a list of projects to fix a few odds and ends, one of them being replacing the heater hoses and related parts.

I know the parts I need, but I'm struggling to find a good website that carries them all. I've been recommended rockauto.com, but they don't carry the oem hoses, only a mashup of different aftermarket brands, none of which make all six hoses I'm looking for. To make things more frustrating, there seems to be no standard to the naming of the hoses between companies when compared to the descriptions in the parts manual I'm looking at.

There are some websites I've found that carry all the things I'm looking for, including the plastic tee between the overflow bottle and heater core, but they seem a little fishy...

Has anyone here ever used any of these websites? If so, are they reliable?

chryslerjeepparts.com
wholesalemopar.com

Those two seem to have the cheapest prices on the hoses and tee, but I'm a little uneasy still.

Any feedback would be welcome and appreciated.

Thanks guys.

My issue with wholesalemopar.com is that they'll accept your order, then steadily issue refunds, one item at a time, as they find they are discontinued or no longer available. After doing so, they leave the parts in question in their catalog for others to suffer the same fate.

Laziness, or accounting trickery? Not sure, but I'm reluctant to even try to place any more orders through them.

If you don't need OE parts (which is okay for some odds and ends), check out RockAuto.com. Their customer service is astonishingly good for how low their prices are (had one rep set up 3 consecutive conference calls with vendors/manufacturers to answer my questions).

There is no true 'one stop shopping experience', sometimes you gotta order stuff thru 2 or 3 differant suppliers... And if there is, they have shitty parts, or mark up prices tremendously, this is a buisness to them, after all.

If your town is big enough, and I'll guess that Reno is a real city, there should be the usual assortment of parts and accessory stores. Auto Zone, Advance, possibly Pep Boys for fluff and easy stuff, NAPA for the important parts. I've had Advance price-match on parts, once shaving a lot off of their price on a Dynamax tailpipe to match Summit, who isn't a direct competitor. If you get creative, you can get some fair deals.

frugalmechanic.com, partsgeek.com and rockauto.com, these are the 3 most inexpensive places I've seen. Frugal looks at many places like Amazon and Advanced Auto.

Rockauto is excellent when they have what you need. Highly recommended.

Advance Auto Parts online can be good if you can catch a good coupon/code. Last one I had was for 20% off everything with free shipping over $75 and a future coupon for $50 off $100 (which I used).

Amazon.com has good pricing and great customer service if you know exactly what parts you need.

Expect that for the hoses you'll need to get things from a few places. Nobody I shopped had everything the last time I redid the hoses. I ended up with some Dayco stuff from Advance, some Gates hoses from Amazon, with stops at Napa and O'Reillys to finish it off.

I always check multiple sources before ordering.

Half the time, I buy bricks and mortar through my local NAPA if it is something I need quickly. Engine management sensors I buy only MOPAR products. Well worth the extra money for the reliability and longevity; no lack of complete crap sensors floating around.

Here is a good source for inexpensive OEM Mopar parts. I've used them with very good luck a few times recently.

https://www.moparonlineparts.com/

Teamcherokee ships parts when they get around to it but other than that I'm a fan

I use Amazon since I get $3 overnight shipping

Back