• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ahhh

tharlanjr

NAXJA Forum User
Went out to ocotillo wells this past weekend. First time in, I think, 3 years.

Went out shooting and did a couple trails. I'm still 2wd but it was fun as hell.

Made me remember why I loved the desert so much.

That's a great place to go shooting. Are you taking Painted Gorge Road? That's what I take to find a nice hillside and setup camp.

A few different things but my fav's are the potato gun and the 30-30.

We were shooting right at the train tracks on the BLM land.

spud guns were banned here a while ago.... pretty funny that you can do time for pvc hairspray and a potato.....no wait its just sad.....

From what I read it was any incendiary device. Something that fired as a result of cumbustion. And it's only illegal if the projectile is larger then .06.

A pnumatic potato gun it the same as a paintball gun legal wise.

Having it powered by combustion classifies it as a firearm. I will have to take some time to research it but there is a law that says something to the effect that any device not manufactured by a certified manufacturer which is designed to accelerate a projectile is considered an assault weapon. It has to do with the fact that it is not made by a certified manufacturer.

Sorry to reply to such an old thread... this came up while I was searching for info on whether the Spudzooka is legal or not (it's mighty damned entertaining, that's for sure!)...

Another link that came up suggests that the feds don't think it's a problem, and CA isn't strictly illegal, though you may get harassed for it: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/archive/index.php/t-543205.html

My suspicion is that it depends on whether you piss off the officer, but I'm still gonna check with local LEO and a relative who's a cop.

Thanks for the bump. I won't shoot it in town, just out at the desert.

I can't shoot guns though, so I am thinking about just going to compound bows to stay legal.

Back