• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Swaybar help

ytownxj

NAXJA Forum User
So after doing a CA drop, my swaybar end links are hitting my coils...

0402121012.jpg

Can I fix this with extended swaybar links? If so are there any suggestions on which ones? The only problem I can think of is it will drop the swaybar angle way down and I don't know if that is a bad thing... Just for reference here is the angle my swaybar is at right now.

0402121013.jpg

Sorry for the picture quality, all I have is my phone to take pics. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Actually it looks like your front axle is pushed forward.....
We know that the position of the sway bar itself didnt change.
And the sway bar links didnt change, nor are they adjustable....
What DID change is the position of your control arms, the components that determine where (front to back) your axle is located.
Most control arm drop brackets relocate the position of both the upper and the lower control arms....and usually they end up being a little more forward than OEM.
Your caster could be off as well, if your control arms are not adjustable you could be way out of spec on both where that axle is supposed to be under the Jeep as well as your caster angle. If you have adjustable control arms, then you can fix all this with a turn of a wrench.... you still should have a shop do a full alignment regardless.

Actually it looks like your front axle is pushed forward.....
We know that the position of the sway bar itself didnt change.
And the sway bar links didnt change, nor are they adjustable....
What DID change is the position of your control arms, the components that determine where (front to back) your axle is located.
Most control arm drop brackets relocate the position of both the upper and the lower control arms....and usually they end up being a little more forward than OEM.
Your caster could be off as well, if your control arms are not adjustable you could be way out of spec on both where that axle is supposed to be under the Jeep as well as your caster angle. If you have adjustable control arms, then you can fix all this with a turn of a wrench.... you still should have a shop do a full alignment regardless.

^^ what he said

How much lift do you have ?

Install longer sway bar links. JKS are good. A sway bar drop bracket is probably not needed.

With a short arm lift, control arm drop brackets probably improve your caster, compared to not having them.

Back