• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Can't find ccv write up...

Monster Mopar

NAXJA Forum User
I swear there is a write up about the ccv system that discussed cutting one of the tubes inside the valve cover for the ccv system. I've searched and searched and can't find it. Anyone know where it's at??

That was my write-up. If you see it again, let me know and I'll tidy it up and make it formal.

Cut 1/2" off the tubes at their lowest point. Measure up 1/2" and drill a 1/2" hole in the rear side of the tubes.

Is this for the RENIX valve cover? I ditched those on all of my RENIX Jeeps and run a HO cover. The HO covers have a better CCV but the orifice needs to be opened up on the HO CCV tube or you will have a low idle. Ask me how I know:banghead:

That was my write-up. If you see it again, let me know and I'll tidy it up and make it formal.

Cut 1/2" off the tubes at their lowest point. Measure up 1/2" and drill a 1/2" hole in the rear side of the tubes.

Yea it was your write up. My tubes were still the original length but some one had drilled the holes. Not on the rear though, it was on the side closest to the cover. I cut like 3/4" off them. Hopefully it'll solve my oil in intake issue.

Is this for the RENIX valve cover? I ditched those on all of my RENIX Jeeps and run a HO cover. The HO covers have a better CCV but the orifice needs to be opened up on the HO CCV tube or you will have a low idle. Ask me how I know:banghead:

Yea for the renix valve covers

Note from DJ
Hear you go
Oil leaking from air intake
http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1026666
Post # 4 by cruiseer 54
I probably posted the valve cover mod. Back in my dealership days, the factory unofficially had a fix for oil in the air cleaner. It was happening on new vehicles of Renix vintage. I had the opportunity to gander at my old cheat sheet binder from those years on Friday so the procedure is fresh in my head. I have slept since then but feel confident I still remember it. Remove the valve cover and then remove the tubes by removing three screws. Chop 1 inch off both of them. Then, about a half inch up from the area where you just sawed them off, drill a half inch hole in the tubes which will face to the rear of the valve cover. Clean everything up nicely and reinstall.

Back