• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Old Dale Mine RD. ( Daytrip)

scottmcneal

NAXJA Forum User
We're planning a day run out there again in April.It is going to have to be on a Saturday, so the working folks can have Sunday to rest before they go back to work.I would like to do this on one of these dates April 21 or 28th.This week is free to enter State parks so this helps with the cost of the trip(Not much). This is a long day so you'll need to bring WATER & FOOD for the day.You'll also want to bring flashlights with you.
We'll meet at the Cottonwood Visitor Center at 8:30.Would like to be going down OLD DALE RD by 9:00.This would be a road about 6.5 miles away from the Visitor Center, so we can air down at the Visitor Center i guess. Yes you'll need 4 wheel drive in a couple of spots and thats it.This is a EASY type of run, lots of scenic views.
Here is a link if i did it right.First part is boring till we get to the mines.
http://www.desertusa.com/magdec97/offroad/dalerd_dec.html
All are WELCOME to come.
Thank you and let me know if you can make it.

We should be good for either date.

Damn, I want to make this run, but 1st weekend I'm busy, 2nd weekend is SoCal Fest.

I guess I need to hurry up and put my jeep back together.

You got time.I got to pull axles out of my jeeps and fix axle seals and install new arms on the wifes too.Then i have to install her new steering setup.I may even change out here rear axle for the locked axle too.:cheers:. All this cause we don't know if we're taking both jeeps or not.

Max bring your motorhome to my house.Spend the weekend here, it is a long day for you. We didn't look at a lot of the stuff cause it was just us in one jeep. But i want to look at one mine that we couldn't go into cause our flashlights was dead.

1 being easy and 5 being hard, i would say 1.5 on the hardest part.This is at the end.This is just dirt roads in the desert with soft sand and some washed out area with little rock(In the mountains). Walking depends on you.Some we can drive right the opening, others we walk to.100' to a 1/4 mile.Lots of stuff for everybody out there.
This is a very easy ride and even easy for a stock XJ with stock tires.

LOLOLOL! Oh, that video made my day. "As you can see, you'll need good clearance..."

Baha, the rocks are like four inches high. :D

Tarantulas, rusted cars, cool scenery? I'll definitely try and make this. It's on the calendar.

i cant believe he went into 4 low for that. or 4wd at all. the guy's voice and the music made me want to join a cult and join in on a mass suicide.

Yeah, after seeing the video, I'm not sure I'd want to chance damaging my Heep on something that difficult! :rof:

David Bricker / SYR

Yeah, after seeing the video, I'm not sure I'd want to chance damaging my Heep on something that difficult! :rof:

David Bricker / SYR
i hear rumours that someone in this chapter rolled his jeep on something less challenging.

Some picts. from the Dale District...
34td82a.jpg

fxxx68.jpg

2ltt569.jpg

33op0z4.jpg

110j2pw.jpg

kckyo6.jpg

Curt

Back