• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need Help Sorry Im new at This "alternator swap ? "

95and97XJinWI

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so Im working on my sons 95 XJ and his alternator went bad . I picked up an alternator from a 2000 XJ i striped for the motor awhile back . I was hoping I could just swap them but the connections on the back are different . Is there a way i can splice the wires or any thing like that to get them to work ? I see the main larger wire will work , but its the other little wires that confuse me . The 95 has 2 prongs in the middle then 2 on the case . the 2000 has just a plug . If anyone could help me that would be great . I sitting here at the shop now lol . I was thinking that this 2000 alternator would give off a better amp 2 . Im i correct ? Thanks for your Help anyone

I think the internals can swap over, I had to swap out older stuff in a ZJ alternator for the newer stuff from my 2000 XJ alternator. I'll try to find some more info, I know somebody threw up a link that helped me when I had a similar question.

Hey Thanks for the help guys. What I did was just swap out the connections on the back side. The 95 had to grounds on the case that the 2000 didn't so I just used some thick wire and extended the wires to the case. I got it all back together and it seems to be working great. I know the 2000 puts out 124 amps and im pretty sure that's more then the 95 alt. So far so good im happy this will help when my sons running his offroading lights, electric fans, radio and so on! Thanks again guys

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Back