• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Visor Clip

bigalpha

My visor clip that holds the visor (it's located above the rear view mirror) is broke.

Is this an MJ specific part?

The clip:
6880958410_6dc9b49337_z.jpg

My 87 cherokee came with that same style, ill dig around and see if I still have em.
Ditched the factory visors, and used some out of a new suburban.

Its some work to get em in, as they use a square-ish hole in the roof to mount, and a plastic pushpin to to expand the mounting feet inside the hole. I cut some 13ga al. Sheet to fiit the feet tightly, cut a slightly oversize hole in the overhead, then riveted the al. Feet to the overhead. Bit of a tight squeeze with the cage, but having the extenders and extra flap is so nice.

Ah. Guess it's not too easy to retrofit the flaps onto the xj mounting hardware?

Seems awesome but maybe more than I was looking to do.

Ok, well I went through my parts pile, and my trash, it must have gone out with last weeks trash. Sorry, I guess that's the way it goes, save it for years, and pitch it a week before its needed.

I can't see the pics at work, what color is it?

I have a maroon one.

Bigalpha..... I'm pretty sure I have one in that color.

PM me your mailing address - if I have it, I'll send it.

I was at the yard this weekend. I thought that was an MJ specifi part so I grabbed on off an MJ I saw. Same color. Let me know if you want it.

Gary

Back