• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JCR Stage-3 Rock Sliders Into Replacement Rockers

Ice_Man

NAXJA Forum User
I have a set of JCR Stage-3 Sliders installed on my 2000 XJ. The powder coat is starting to flake off and signs of rust are appearing. In addition to that both of my rocker panels are starting to rust. My question is, has anyone used or modified the JCR sliders as rocker panels. I’ve seen a few write-ups on cutting away the rockers and putting 2x6 steel in place, but I figured this would be cheaper since I already have the sliders. I thought I would sand blast my sliders, cut the rockers away, remount/possibly mod the mounting point, and weld the sliders in place, then paint. Any thought or write-ups on this? Thanks guys.

JCR Sliders: http://www.jcroffroad.com/mm5/merch...n=PROD&Category_Code=XJSL&Product_Code=XJ-SL3

You would have to do a ton of modding for that to work. Since the floor pan is even with the bottom of the rockers, and the rock rails bolt to the framerail and pinch weld, your modded rails would have to bend up quite far or make some sort of S bend to get up high enough to replace the rocker panels.

Plus a piece of 2x2 steel isn't really going to be able to replace a minimum 2x4" section of rocker panel. I found that even a 2x4" piece of steel was too small, so I sold it and bought some 2x6.

Not to mention, the stage 3 has the rub rail that angles up, so your doors wouldn't open. Even used, you should be able to sell your sliders for enough to buy the steel needed.

Your best bet is to replace the rockers with some 3/16 wall box tubbing either 4x2 or 4x6, sell the JCR sliders and you may comeout with money.

Mount the jcr sliders upside down as rocker replacements? The bar would bend down, so it wouldn't block the doors. Cut the mounting legs off and modify them to mount at the new angle.

Back