• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

fuel pressure regulator?

krawler09

NAXJA Forum User
Does any one on here have a 95 xj? Reason I'm askin is I got to looking at mine when I replaced the head that I had no fuel pressure regulator on the rail but had the fuel line run straight to the rail and there's a return line mounted under the intake but not hooked up just hangin there. I was wondering if anyone had a pic of their 95 engine or had any insight on this. Thanks

On a 95 you "should" have a fpr on the fuel rail. Hence the return line.
Unless someone has put in a OBD2 fuel pump assembly, including the fpr, in your tank.
However if this is the case I would expect it to run crap as a OBD1 computer expects a variable fuel pressure 31-39 psi depending on manifold pressure. However I have not done this.
A in tank fpr system will deliver a constant fuel pressure regardless of manifold pressure (49 psi in obd 2 jeeps).
unless they replaced the computer as well? might want to look the PCM Part number up while you are in there.

Jeep

Last edited:
The computer is the 95 but not sure on the pump yet haven't had time to remove it. Do you think this is the reason that the fuel gauge isn't working and that it only gets 9mpg or less on stock tires. If I could resolve this issue I'm thinking about lifting it with 32's or 33's but not with that mpg.

Sounds like it is over fueling, black smoke as well?
what pressure is it getting on the fuel rail?

Actually, I think it sounds like a mess, I would get a obd 1 fuel rail with a FPR and hook it up how it left the factory.

Back