• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

stolen jeep and recovery!

kayle666

NAXJA Forum User
So last night my buddy gets to drinking and smartly decides to leave his jeep in Fallbrook to begin a nice night of carousing, today he wakes up to a phone call from pd wondering why he let an illegal alien with no license drive his jeep in el cahone!

didn't even wake up to find out his jeep was stolen before it was recovered. :laugh: talk about lucky! that wrangler was almost in mexico to be lost forever!

Fallbrook is not much of a "carousing" town. unless of course you were talking about its fine herbs. where the heck did he leave the jeep sitting?

LOL! Now that's funny. I think...

10055507.jpg

surprised he was driving TOWARDS the border. maybe he was just tired and hungry and figured to get a free 2 hots and a cot.

a guy from TJ who came to buy my leaf springs was telling me how there's a major stolen jeep problem down there. especially cherokees, they're getting really popular down there.

And the Mexican authorities wont give you your property back. Happened to my buddy. truck stolen lo Jack showed in mexicali Mexican police told him to pound sand.

And the Mexican authorities wont give you your property back. Happened to my buddy. truck stolen lo Jack showed in mexicali Mexican police told him to pound sand.

THIS is so true and allways taken so lightly, untill of course it happens to you or someone you know. a very good friend of mines son went down for a day of fun. ended up rolling his 4runner trying to miss a boulder in the road. hit another big boulder and rolled off the road. authorities took the truck, stripped the wheels and interior, then said he had to pay for marking up the boulder and landscape. he DID escape back to the states. his mom went back to try and get the truck back and when she returned after a few days (was a day trip) she wouldnt stop taking showers. yes we all know what that means. poor lady. NEVER think Mexican authorities are friendly or honest. i wont go back in that country for nothing. sucks because i think it is a beautiful country, and has a lot to offer, but i wont take the chance, nor are they getting a cent of my money willingly.
another guy was camping with us in glamis, went over the border for dinner with his 1 ton chevy 4x4 duelly lifted and nice. authorities found a small pipe (dude must have smoked dope). spent 3 days in jail. walked back to glamis and never saw his truck again.
the stories can go on and on, and i bet you have some too.

Wow, that's seriously F-ed up. I think I would be tempted to burn the police station down, and escape in a waiting dune buggy.

Back