• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D44HP @ PYP SUN VALLEY

chasdb

NAXJA Member 3643
NAXJA Member
Teal 79 Ford F100/150 with a Dana44 High Pinion 5 on 5.5 w/disc brakes. This has the cast in tubes so you will need to retube unless your going to run the Ford radius arms. Price on the list is 159 + 20 core.

ha, just got one of those of craigslist.
the tubes are 2.96" so it's going to need to be bored out for 3" tubes. currie will retube it for $250-300, i called them yesterday. I'll be retubing mine myself for s**ts and giggles.

Interesting...I've been contemplating a 44 front for a while. I plan on 35s at the biggest, and the 5x5.5 will match the secondary pattern on my AlloyUSA rear shafts nicely.

i've been looking for one since december. refreshing CL like 20 times a day with no luck. i finally settled on the one with the cast tubes because the time spent retubing it is far less than the time spent looking for one for another 4 months.

the tubes are 2.96" so it's going to need to be bored out for 3" tubes. currie will retube it for $250-300, i called them yesterday. I'll be retubing mine myself for s**ts and giggles.
Last time I checked with currie (retub) about two months ago it was closer to $500 with out the "C's" being welded on. Most of got a bad QUOTE

weird. yea, goatman told me it was about 300 to do his, and when i called, they confirmed.

Was that the one in Indio? I was thinking about getting it for a future project. I was looking at 3" .5 wall dom on-line, cost scared me away, $300 for tube but I didn't price shop it anymore.

I found a '76 f100 hp on 1/2 price day in Wilmington, I had the wife with me looking for Neon parts, when I saw it I said "I need that!" looking at the old truck, she said F-that I explained and took it home for $80. I finally finished it and got it in a few weeks ago took me alot longer to scrounge up the money and do the fab work.

Last edited:
Hmm....Very interested... what's their number?

It's a self serve yard, they probably won't know what your talking about but they would quote a price for an axle.

11201 Pendleton Street
Sun Valley, Ca 91352
(800)962-2277

Last edited:
Was that the one in Indio? I was thinking about getting it for a future project. I was looking at 3" .5 wall dom on-line, cost scared me away, $300 for tube but I didn't price shop it anymore.

I found a '76 f100 hp on 1/2 price day in Wilmington, I had the wife with me looking for Neon parts, when I saw it I said "I need that!" looking at the old truck, she said F-that I explained and took it home for $80. I finally finished it and got it in a few weeks ago took me alot longer to scrounge up the money and do the fab work.
na, it was in san diego.
DOM tubing online is rediculous. i got a quote locally for $60. ebay is also about the same.

if you are going to re-tube, could a chevy one work also, just swap axle shafts to opposite sides?
it would be low pinion, so from what i understand, it's not worth it. i have a chevy d44 sitting on the side of the house that i got for the knuckles, so i briefly looked into it.

Back