• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What joints fit in stock LCA mounts?

Jeep450r

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Title says it. Do ruffstuff heim joints fit? Any of the Ballistic joints? Other options? Preferably hard joints.

heims should work, that is partially what misalignment spacers are for.

Do suspension joints in this application need to fit flush up against the left and right inner sides of the mount? Or is it safe for there to be some lateral play left and right along the bolt?

If there is a slight amount of play, you can always get some washer shims. Not sure if that is what they are called exactly, but they are usually thinner than your standard washers and you can stack them if necessary.
I used a couple when my trackbar heim had a small amount of movement.

Perfect, just the info I needed. Thanks guys!

Factory uses 14mm bolts I believe? 9/16" works fine too.

You can always drill it out for larger bolts too if you want a specific joint with something like a 5/8" bolt.

Basically everything out there, since the 2 5/8" mounting width is the standard. And no, you don't need to use washers or something to fill any gap if you have the right joint.

Back