• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Affordable Tire Carrier?

PetrolHead

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone know of an affordable rear tire carrier, or know of anyone local (or not) that could fab one? I don't have the welding skills (or even a welder for that matter) to put one together, but I think the prices asked for current mass-produced bumpers and carriers are insane. What could be done in the ~$400 range?

i have a tailbone and they are for now not available, i believe i was the last customer for that system....

These are under development right now, but what I've seen I've been very impressed.

http://www.greasemonkeysmobile.com/monkey-bars-and-armor.html

Mark post some pics. :D

Looks impressive, but I bet expensive!

Also a vendor here dirtboundoffroad.com

I've got a friend who has his front and rear bumpers. He doesn't have a tire carrier on his website, but I'm going to e-mail him.

http://www.detoursusa.com/tailbone.php I asked pretty much the same question awhile ago and some one told me about this company. I don't have one yet but I kind of would like to get one. Click on the istallation and you can see how it mounts and uses the stock bumper.

This is perfect!!! When I go to the website, it says it's temporarily unavailable. I wonder when it will be back? I'd order it tonight.

I have the Detours tailbone also... Superior product in all aspects.

I believe I heard he had to stop temporarily taking new orders so he could catch up on current ones. But don't quote me on that.....

why do most folks not like the stock tire carrier? the one with the two mounting points (bumper and body side) seems like a decent carrier if you beef up the inside of the body area.

why do most folks not like the stock tire carrier? the one with the two mounting points (bumper and body side) seems like a decent carrier if you beef up the inside of the body area.

I would have kept it had i stayed with a smaller tire. 35" tired would have probably been too heavy for it and the stock bumper.

I ran it with 31s and had no issues. Just make sure to put washers on the hinges. I wouldn't run it with tires larger than that though mostly because it's mounted a bit on the low side.

Back