• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MJ fuel pump/sending unit

bigalpha

Will a SWB unit work in a LWB tank? What is the general interchangability with them? Also, are the rubber o-rings (that seals the tank to the unit) the same between XJ/MJ?

Cool - I found a pump and sender from a SWB and wanted to make sure it'd fit. Now to convince the wife that I need it.

Enough of a convincing arguement is they're extremely rare and nothing is compatible with them like xj's. Only part you really need is the sending unit the pump can be interchanged, and only major difference is pump pressure between 4 & 6 cyl and then some differences between the carb'd models as well.

Enough of a convincing arguement is they're extremely rare and nothing is compatible with them like xj's. Only part you really need is the sending unit the pump can be interchanged, and only major difference is pump pressure between 4 & 6 cyl and then some differences between the carb'd models as well.

Can I easily transplant the sending unit and/or the pump? The unit this is coming off of is a 6 cyl, so there shouldn't be any problems regarding the pump.

there is a difference in the sending unit arm length between the smaller and larger tanks. verified when i pulled a swb 18 ga(?) sender to use for parts in my lwb 23 ga tank. that should be workable though. pumps should swap easily between mj and xj sender assemblies.

Alec, this is me reminding myself to test the sender and measure it's length. This is also me reminding you to remind me again in about 4 hours.

I wasn't aware that the sender was different between the lwb and swb thought the only difference in the tanks was the length going from 18 to 23 gallons and adding on a 3rd tank strap.

I've read you can just swap the bobber if different tank size, I am currently stockpiling them in case of Armageddon

Back