• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Energy Suspension Motor Mount Install

Locked98GC

NAXJA Forum User
For those that don't go to JF. Working on my cracked flexplate problem.

Ordered up a set of red ones, something pretty to look at. (Picts are clicky friendly)

Because the ones in there were pretty well shot.

Disassembled the old ones per instructions (you can get them from their web site), painted shells and installed poly mounts.

And of course there has to be at least ONE area that need more attention than what the instructions say. Had to cut a notch out so it would set flat on the plate where the welded bolt head is.

And installed.

Took it out for a test drive and didn't really notice any extra vibrations through the steering wheel or in my butt. Got it in the driveway and let it idle, you can definitely see and feel a slight vibration, but nothing rattles inside. This is throughout the RPM range also, while parked.

I used those, but melted the driver's side one when my header cracked. They weren't bad.

Brown Dogs are better though.

Nice job on the install :thumbup:

I just installed a set about two months ago. They are a little bit more work to instill. They a working great so far not much defference than stock on the vibration. See what they are like a yr. from now. $50 1 yr. warr. can't go wrong.

If anyone else has done these, was the welded bolt head like the picture or was it flat. Did you notch it or squeezed it a little harder. Mine were factory mounts.

Mine was like the PIC. Just squeezed a little harder. I had to tac weld the bottom plate to the top shell. Drop it in water so not to melt the poly rubber.

I don't really buy your suggestion that motor mounts can break a flexplate.

If the motor and trans are bolted together securely as they are supposed to be, the motor mounts can't cause any kind of wiggle between the motor and trans.

If the motor and trans are not bolted together securely... that should be fixed, not the motor mounts.

Maybe I am missing something here.

I don't really buy your suggestion that motor mounts can break a flexplate.

If the motor and trans are bolted together securely as they are supposed to be, the motor mounts can't cause any kind of wiggle between the motor and trans.

If the motor and trans are not bolted together securely... that should be fixed, not the motor mounts.

Maybe I am missing something here.

Sounds pretty logical to me...

Back