• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

IMPORTANT READ ROM HAS MOVED

magimerlin

NAXJA Forum User
IMPORTANT READ ROM HAS MOVED
Due to impending weather the RoM venue has been moved from Barnwell mountain in Gilmer Texas to Hidden Falls adventure park in Marble Falls Texas.

This was a unanimous decision made by the BoD and all preregistered members. I called them personally and asked...Feel free to check on that if you would like... I understand this may piss a few few off but its about the group as a whole not the individual and having a successful event that is fun for all that attend. The forecast calls for rain at both places BUT....... The chance of rain is alot less at HF(Hidden Falls) then at Gilmer. HF has a better drainage/run off system then Gilmer does and will allow us as a group to wheel more then we would be able to in Gilmer with the impending rain forecast.

I am sorry to those that may have to drive a little further to come to the event and I am even more sorry to those that may not be able to make it because of our decision.

It is not feasible to move the date of the event as most of us have taking time off from work for the event and can not move the dates and work schedule around to accommodate a date change.

We, the BoD, will delete all negative remarks in this thread as it is an info thread and not a complaint thread so be forewarned....

That being said........
Who is still coming and who may be able to come now that is has changed places...

I know the pre-registered people will be there as I called and talked to them already personally.

We, the BoD, are sorry for the short notice...

Well dont know that Ill be making it to ROM now that it has moved. As my trip turned from 140 miles(2 hrs) to 412 miles(7.5 hrs). Do have a questions for those that have been to Hidden Falls before. Would I be crazy to wheel there with no armor other than a T-case skid? I dont even have rock sliders.

No you wouldn't be crazy. Even with out sliders you should be ok. We have wheeled with even a couple stockers with only a budget boost and they where fine. So you should be just fine.

Ok if I do manage to make it I have a couple questions.

How far out is the park? Will it be possible to drive in to town for meals and other stuff without making a long drive?

It appears there is a gun range there. Anybody bringing any firepower to play with?

Is there anything special we need to know about the park? No extra fees or anything they dont tell you about?

It's about 5 miles into town....not far at all. We've made the beer run plenty of times.

I always bring at least my .40 but I've never checked out their range because it seems like we never have time. That and halfway in between there and my house on 1431 is my range, Eagle Peak. If you're coming and everybody wants to bring guns, I suppose I could pack up my AR and m1 and some others.

No other fees other than what they list there....no need for OHVA or whatever it is sticker. No membership fees on top of park fees *cough bmra cough*.

Well unless things change it seems that I wont be making it down for ROM anymore. This last minute change just isnt working out for me. Maybe next event or next ROM. Anybody want to try and make it to Barnwell in April or May when hopefully the weather will cooperate? Maybe a ROM part 2?

Back