• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weird...

Alienspecimen

NAXJA Forum User
99Sport

Two weekends ago, oil started seeping from the plastic covered hole of my rear differential and then dripping on the pavement after I park. I drove like that for a week and then refilled it. I cannot tell for real how much was lost, since I was parked on a slope with the front facing downward. The level of the fluid was half an inch below the opening.

Now it looks like its a little wet where the driveshaft seal is.

Is this anything that I should worry about? Why would it suddenly start leaking from the cap?

Thanks in advance

Boris

Yea ive got the same issue, also my buddy on his dodge. Iys just the rubber plug has shrunck over time. Also like the post before this one make Sure the vent tube isant block, because if it is the diff Will build up pressure a.d blow/seep out of the rubber plug.

Want i was thinking of doing is brazing on a 3/4" pipe coupler to the cover and then pit i. A plug. Thus preventing any and all seeping. Just have to make Sure the vent tube is clear at all times if not you run the risk of blowing out your tube seals.

My local carquest had a replacement rubber plug for cheap. I thought about tapping the hole for a pipe plug but it seemed just a hair larger than ideal for that (D35.) Since I was in a hurry to get the thing back on the road, I just used the replacement thing. I did end up having to replace my pinion seal as well, it's all dry now.

Back